Wednesday, 9 July 2014

what's in my summer makeup bag

Seeing as it's now summer and it's a lot hotter, I've been trying to keep my makeup down to a minimum. It tends to be easy for me to do so when it comes to my eyes, but because I have some stubborn acne scars I do find it difficult not to leave the house without foundation. So this is what's in my makeup bag and therefore what I wear on a daily basis (if I'm seeing friends/going shopping/leaving the house for errands etc.)

DOLCE & GABBANA PARFUMS BLACK MAKE UP BAG
TOPSHOP LIPS in NEVADA & BOBBI BROWN SHEER LIP COLOUR in ROSY

Base (after applying La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo+)
COLLECTION Lasting Perfection Concealer in DARK - everyone's favourite concealer
MAC Studio Fix Fluid with SPF 15 in NC44 - with the SPF15 it's good in summer to protect your face from those harmful rays and slow down the inevitable ageing process
COLLECTION Naturally Matt Foundation in ALMOND - because my studio fix fluid is only my exact colour when I am tanned, I use this to lighten it out. Matte + summer = perfect match
COLLECTION Pressed Powder in TRANSLUCENT - I only put this on my chin, nose and forehead to stop excess shiny bits

Eyebrows/Eyes
NATURAL COLLECTION Eye Lines Eyeliner in DARK BROWN - I actually use this for my eyebrows with my slanted brush and then go through them with an eyebrow brush and spoolie for a more natural look
MAYBELLINE Define-a-Lash Mascara in BROWN - I find this is the most natural looking mascara for "spidery" eyelashes
W7 Liquid Eyeliner in BLACK - for £1.47 it's super cheap and long lasting!

Lips
TOPSHOP Lips in NEVADA - in love with this colour both on its own and mixed with darker/brighter colours
BOBBI BROWN Sheer Lip Colour in ROSY - I'm not brave enough to wear this on its own in the day but it's such a gorgeous colour and I would usually mix it with the Topshop lipstick

Cheeks
RIMMEL Lasting Finish Soft Colour Mono Blush in 020 PINK ROSE - a little bit of this goes a very long way
BOURJOIS Chocolate Bronzing Powder in MEDIUM 51 - the infamous bronzer! I like that the medium shade isn't too heavy as it kind of just looks like my normal skin tone

8 comments :

  1. Lovely post,dear!
    Keep in touch xx
    Antonella

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post! I'm quite keen to try out the Bourjois Bronzing Powder as I've seen it featured in so many other blogger's make-up bags X
    thefashion-junkie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :-) definitely give it a try it's great and smells amazing! x

      Delete
  3. Love your post and love your make up bag :)

    i have just done a summer tag and i tag you check out http://myroutinesjade.blogspot.co.uk for more details :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing!

    Sonya
    https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/3582815 - blog about a Russian girl living in Oregon, USA, with a passion for photography, traveling and exploring.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment :-) xo